Friday, February 13, 2009

Namibia

We just pulled into Walvis Bay, Namibia!!! It's about 8 am here. It looks wonderful and we're super excited to get off the ship after 8 days at sea. Dad- it smells exactly like Kelly's Island! Thought you'd appreciate that :-)

We have a diplomatic briefing and then a children's choir is coming to the dock to sing to us!! They're going to sing traditional African music for us and dance, and then, when the ship is cleared, they're going to come onto the ship for a tour! Isn't that awesome?? Once our sea is called, we have to get our passports and disembark as fast as we can because our safari leaves as soon as everyone is on the busses. It's a 4 1/2 hour drive to Etosha National Park, and they want to get there so we can get set up and do a game-drive tonight!!! We'll be there both nights and come back on the last day (Monday). It's kinda sad that we won't be able to look around Walvis Bay or Swakopmund, but we get to go on a safari so it's okay!!!

Yesterday, everyone made Valentine's for other people and they got delivered to our doors. It was so cute...we got them from R2 & D2, Chris, Rachel, the twins and Pat, Christopher, Joan, Jose, and Amy. I also got one from my boss, Beth, along with a bag of jelly beans. Needless to say, it was a great day. Plus, it was the last day of classes for 10 days so we're all sooo excited!

Quick side note: Our sea signed up for the Sea Olympics yesterday....what events everyone's gonna do and stuff. I signed up to be the hula-hoop competitor from our team, I'm in tug-of-war (my huge muscles will get to help!), and I'm also on the synchronized swimming "team". haha. Should be really fun. Kate signed up for an Olympic Relay and flip-cup. Our sea (Bering Sea) is definitely going to win! Our color is purple and we're voting on a mascot soon! And Kate and I are helping to come up with the cheers that our team is gonna yell at every possible opportunity that day! Sea Olympics are the day after we leave Mauritius, so we still have time to prepare, but we're all REALLy excited about it.....and we're gonna win, of course, sooo yeah.

Anyway, we have to finish packing all our stuff and head up to the briefing. Sorry it's so short. We'll write more when we get back from the Safari. YAY for Namibia!! We miss you and love you all!

-Kate and Sarah

P.S.- HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

8 comments:

mom2twins@sea said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I am sending virtual no bakes and chocolate logs. Hope you enjoyed the safari, and am looking forward to the pictures. Finally, all the years of cheerleading will pay off at the Olympics!

Love you more than you know,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey there Big! I am working on an e-mail for you now that my bday and V-day are over... I miss you soooo much but I'm glad you're enjoying the cruise... I wish I was with you!!!!! Look out for a super big e-mail quite soon!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!

Kayleigh said...

Kate, that sounds like so much fun! i'm glad you are having such a great time, I''m so jealous!

Anonymous said...

katie, i know for a fact you are excellent at flip cup. make me proud!

Unknown said...

Hi Kate and Sarah,
I love reading your blogs. Maybe a career in journalism should be considered; or teachers of Social Studies as now you wii be able to teach with lots of personal experience! Enjoy every day and glad you are using your suntan lotion! I love you and think about how lucky you are every time it snows here and it has snowed a lot!!I am ready for some sun!

Love, Aunt Maureen

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
I am glad that you guys are having fun on your trip. It must be pretty interesting! It sounds amazing. Have fun. Love you and miss you.
=]

-Sarah

Anonymous said...

I am in the process of writing you a very long e-mail... sorry for the delay!